How to Apply for Durham County NC Pre-K
Your child might qualify to participate in 2021-2022 Durham County NC Pre-K if:
- Your child is not currently enrolled in a preschool program
- Your child turns 4 years by August 31, 2021 (born between September 1, 2016, and August 31, 2017) Your child has health concerns or special needs
- Your family qualifies for financial assistance
- English is your child’s second language
More Information for the 2021-2022 Application:
- We are excited to announce the 2021-2022 Durham PreK Application is now available! Apply at the Durham PreK website.
- Call 1-833-PREK-EDU (1-833-773-5338) now to set up an appointment with our application counselors. Appointments will begin on February 22, 2021, but can be scheduled now by calling our office. Appointments are not required to complete the application, but are available in a variety of languages, upon request.
- Additional materials required for the application (English) (Spanish).
The Durham PreK 2020-2021 application is still open!
- The above qualifying information still applies.
More Information for the 2020-2021 Application:
- We are still accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year!
- Call 1-833-PREK-EDU (1-833-773-5338) to complete the application.
Is your child too young for Pre-K?
Fill out one of our interest sheets and we will contact you when your child is the correct age. (English) (Spanish)
Frequently Asked Questions
Have you heard about the Durham PreK?
Durham PreK is an enhancement element to Pre-K services in Durham County. This is a county funded program to ensure all 4-year-old children in Durham County have access to high-quality pre-k and we at the Partnership are excited to work so closely with DPK! For more information visit durhamprek.org.
About the NC Pre-K Program
The statewide NC Pre-K program prepares eligible 4-year-olds for school by providing high-quality early education in both public and private settings. The program is community-based, voluntary, and designed to serve 4-year-olds who will benefit most from services. The program follows the Durham Public School calendar and runs 6.5 hours a day, 180 days a year.
In Durham County, Durham’s Partnership for Children administers the program and serves 490 children in classrooms in Durham Public Schools, Durham Head Start, and private child care centers. Technical assistance and support from the Partnership guarantees quality and compliance with all regulation. The Partnership also leads a universal application process with six collaborative agencies to serve and assist families throughout the community in applying for available seats.
Please click here to see a 2020-21 meeting schedule for Durham’s School Readiness/NC Pre-K Committee.
Click the Link to Join the Scheduled Meeting
Meeting ID: 876 9359 9247
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,87693599247# US (Germantown)
+13126266799,,87693599247# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 876 9359 9247
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kfrEuZsL8
Questions? Please contact:
Melissa Radice Peguero – 919-403-6960 ext. 219 or email@example.com
NC Pre-K Program Specialist, Durham’s Partnership for Children
Bilingüe en Inglés/Español
For more information about financial assistance for Child Care, contact Child Care Services Association at 919-403-6950 or visit www.childcareservices.org, or contact Durham County Social Services at 919-560-8300 or visit Durham County Social Services.