Posted on 04.18.2016, Monday
The Universal Pre-Kindergarten application period for the 2016-2017 school has been extended! Don’t miss this final opportunity to apply by May 5, 2016.
Your child might qualify to participate in 2016-2017 Durham County NC Pre-K if:
- Your child is not currently enrolled in a preschool program
- Your child turns 4 years by August 31, 2016 (born between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012)
- Your child has health concerns or special needs
- Your family qualifies for financial assistance
- English is your child’s second language
There are many ways to apply:
- Call 919-403-6960 ext 214 to set an appointment time on: April 20, 2016; April 28, 2016, April 29, 2016 or May 2, 2016.
- Visit a Durham Head Start office. Family Counselors will be available to assist parents in filling out the application.
- 215 Seminary Ave. (across from McDonald’s and the YMCA) Phone: 919-688-5541
- 908 Liberty St. (Leathers Meachem) Phone: 919-536-5560
- Apply online. The application is available online and may be filled out prior to your appointment. Click here to download the application and to find more information and application materials, including a list of required documents needed from parents. Applications will not be processed without necessary documentation.
For more information about financial assistance for child care, contact Child Care Services Association at 919-403-6950 or visit www.childcareservices.org, or contact Durham County Social Services at 919-560-8300 or Durham County Social Services.
Durham County’s NC Pre-K program is a community-based voluntary program that provides high-quality early educational experiences to prepare 4-year-olds for kindergarten. The NC Pre-K program operates in private class rooms, Durham Public Schools and Durham Head Start centers. The universal application process is a collaborative effort led by the Partnership to reach families with 4-year-olds in Durham and assist them in applying for available slots.