Posted on 02.01.2016, Monday
The Universal Pre-Kindergarten application period for the 2016-2017 school year is now open! This collaborative effort led by the Partnership is designed to reach families with 4-year-olds in Durham and assist them in applying for available slots.
Your child might qualify to participate in 2016-2017 Durham County NC Pre-K if:
- Your child is not currently enrolled in a preschool program
- Your child turns 4 years by August 31, 2016 (born between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012)
- Your child has health concerns or special needs
- Your family qualifies for financial assistance
- English is your child’s second language
There are many ways to apply:
- You may call 919-314-6813 to set an appointment time between February 1 and April 7, 2016.
- Visit a Durham Head Start office beginning February 1, 2016. Family Counselors will be available to assist parents in filling out the application (offices are closed February 15 and March 25-April 7)
- 215 Seminary Ave. (across from McDonald’s and the YMCA)
- 908 Liberty St. (Leathers Meachem)
- Apply online. The application is available online and may be filled out prior to your appointment. Click here to download the application.
- Visit East Durham Children’s Initiative (107 N. Driver St., 3rd Floor) at the following times:
- 10 am – 12 pm: February 2 and 16, March 8 and 22, and April 5
- 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm: February 3 and 17, March 9 and 23, and April 6
Please visit our website for more information and application materials, including a list of required documents needed from parents. Applications will not be processed without necessary documentation.
For more information about financial assistance for child care, contact Child Care Services Association at 919-403-6950 or visit www.childcareservices.org, or contact Durham County Social Services at 919-560-8300 or Durham County Social Services.
Durham County’s NC Pre-K program is a community-based voluntary program that provides high-quality early educational experiences to prepare 4-year-olds for kindergarten. The NC Pre-K program operates in private class rooms, Durham Public Schools and Durham Head Start centers.