Posted on 02.05.2018, Monday
The Universal Pre-Kindergarten application period for the 2018-2019 school year is now open! This collaborative effort led by the Partnership is designed to reach families with 4-year-olds in Durham and assist them in applying for available slots.
Your child might qualify to participate in 2018-2019 Durham County NC Pre-K if:
- Your child is not currently enrolled in a preschool program
- Your child turns 4 years by August 31, 2018 (born between September 1, 2013 and August 31, 2014)
- Your child has health concerns or special needs
- Your family qualifies for financial assistance
- English is your child’s second language
There are many ways to apply:
- Call 919-314-6813 to set an appointment time between February 5 and May 17, 2018.
- Visit a Durham County Head Start office during walk-in hours, beginning February 5, 2018, Mondays – Thursdays from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. Family Counselors will be available to assist parents in filling out the application (offices are closed March 14-16, March 27, and April 10-17, 2017)
- 215 W. Seminary Ave. (across from McDonald’s and the YMCA), phone: 919-688-5541
- 908 Liberty St. (Leathers Meachem), phone: 919-536-5560
- Visit East Durham Children’s Initiative at 1405 Holloway Street, during walk-in hours:
- Between 10 am and 12 pm on: February 7, February, 21, March 7, March 21, April 11, April 25, and May 7, 2018.
- Between 11:00 pm and 2:00 pm on: February 5, February 19, March 5, March 19, April 9, April 23, and May 9, 2018.
- Download the application below. It is also available at chtop.org, childcareservices.org, and dpsnc.net.
Download the Application
Click here for a detailed flyer containing more information about how to apply and what additional materials are required for application.
Applications will not be processed without necessary documentation. Please click here to learn more about the NC Pre-K program and how to apply.
For more information about financial assistance for Child Care, contact Child Care Services Association at 919-403-6950 or visit www.childcareservices.org, or contact Durham County Social Services at 919-560-8300 or visit Durham County Social Services.
If your child is eligible for the current 2017-18 school year (born between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013), please contact Nicole Gonzalez at email@example.com or (919) 403-6960 ext. 226 to receive an application.
Durham County’s NC Pre-K program is a community-based voluntary program that provides high-quality early educational experiences to prepare 4-year-olds for kindergarten. The NC Pre-K program currently serves 490 children in classrooms in Durham Public Schools, Durham Head Start and private child care centers.