Posted on 02.06.2017, Monday
The Universal Pre-Kindergarten application period for the 2017-2018 school year is now open! This collaborative effort led by the Partnership is designed to reach families with 4-year-olds in Durham and assist them in applying for available slots.
Your child might qualify to participate in 2017-2018 Durham County NC Pre-K if:
- Your child is not currently enrolled in a preschool program
- Your child turns 4 years by August 31, 2017 (born between September 1, 2012 and August 31, 2013)
- Your child has health concerns or special needs
- Your family qualifies for financial assistance
- English is your child’s second language
There are many ways to apply:
- You may call 919-314-6813 to set an appointment time between February 6 and April 27, 2017.
- Visit a Durham Head Start office beginning February 6, 2017. Family Counselors will be available to assist parents in filling out the application (offices are closed March 14-16, March 27, and April 10-17, 2017)
- 215 Seminary Ave. (across from McDonald’s and the YMCA)
- 908 Liberty St. (Leathers Meachem)
- Visit East Durham Children’s Initiative (107 N. Driver St., 3rd Floor) at the following times:
- 10 am – 12 pm: February 2 and 16, March 8 and 22, and April 5
- 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm: February 3 and 17, March 9 and 23, and April 6
- Download this application. It is also available at http://chtop.org and http://childcareservices.org. The application may be filled out prior to your appointment.
Download the Application
Please click here for a detailed flyer containing more information about how to apply and what additional materials are required. Applications will not be processed without necessary documentation.
For more information about financial assistance for Child Care, contact Child Care Services Association at 919-403-6950 or visit www.childcareservices.org, or contact Durham County Social Services at 919-560-8300 or visit Durham County Social Services.
Durham County’s NC Pre-K program is a community-based voluntary program that provides high-quality early educational experiences to prepare 4-year-olds for kindergarten. The NC Pre-K program currently serves 490 children in classrooms in Durham Public Schools, Durham Head Start and private child care centers.