Durham’s Partnership for Children is a private, nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors. Our Board members serve as key advocates for young children and their families, and they represent business and civic groups, churches, local government, health and human service agencies, parents and education and nonprofit organizations.
They are all volunteers who contribute their expertise, professional resources and time to advance Durham’s vision for its children, encourage progress, and energize local change. By empowering staff, responding to community needs, and strategically managing resources, our Board of Directors is building a stronger future for Durham County.
The Board of Directors makes decisions regarding the allocation of public dollars, and all meetings are open to the public. Please click here for a meeting calendar. Please click here for minutes from past meetings.
Board of Directors
- Bob Ashley — Community Volunteer
- Diamond Bethea — Durham County Library
- Deric Boston — Durham Head Start
- Ilene Britt — Community Volunteer, Secretary of the Board
- Danielle Caldwell — The Children’s Room Family Child Care Home
- Linda Chappel — Child Care Services Association
- Cathy Collie-Robinson — Durham Technical Community College, Chair of the Board
- Drew Cummings — Durham County Government
- Elizabeth Erickson — Duke Children’s Primary Care
- Philip Harris — Community Volunteer, Vice-Chair of the Board
- Brenda Howerton — Durham County Commissioner
- Ashley Taylor Jacobs — Community Volunteer
- Jason Jones — Durham Parks & Recreation
- John McCain — Durham Public Schools
- Terricka Melton — Durham Early Head Start Policy Council Chair
- Karen O’Mansky — Self-Help
- Michael Page — Antioch Baptist Church
- Joanne Pierce — Durham County Department of Public Health
- David Reese — East Durham Children’s Initiative
- Donna Rewalt — Durham County Cooperative Extension
- Delphine Sellars — Community Volunteer
- Queron Smith — The Redwoods Group, Treasurer of the Board
- James Spencer — Local Interagency Coordinating Council
If you are interested in joining our Board of Directors, please complete this application and contact Laura Benson, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
The Partnership also seeks professional input and guidance from community members through a variety of committees. These committees are comprised of volunteers and Board members who participate in making decisions and supporting early childhood initiatives. Please click here for a list of committees.
Please click here to view the staff directory.