How to Apply for 2016-17 Durham County NC Pre-K Your child might qualify to participate in 2016-2017 Durham County NC Pre-K if:
• Your child is not currently enrolled in a preschool program
• Your child turns 4 years by August 31, 2016 (born between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2012)
• Your child has health concerns or special needs
• Your family qualifies for financial assistance
• English is your child's second language
There are many ways to apply:
• Beginning January 25, 2016, you may call 919-314-6813 to set an appointment time between February 1 and April 7, 2016
• Visit a Durham Head Start office beginning February 1, 2016
. Family Counselors will be available to assist parents in filling out the application (offices are closed February 15 and March 25-April 7)
• 215 Seminary Ave. (across from McDonald's and the YMCA)
• 908 Liberty St. (Leathers Meachem)
• Apply online by downloading the application
. The application can be filled out using Acrobat Reader. You must save a copy of the form before entering your information. If you do not have the free Adobe software, click here
and follow the instructions given. If you are unable to download Acrobat Reader, you may also print the application form and fill it out by hand.
The application will also be available at:
• Visit East Durham Children’s Initiative (107 N. Driver St., 3rd Floor) at the following times:
• 10 am - 12 pm:
February 2 and 16, March 8 and
22, and April 5
• 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm:
February 3 and 17, March 9 and 23, and
April 6Please click here for a detailed flyer containing more information about how to apply and what additional materials are required for application. QUESTIONS?
For more information about financial assistance for Child Care, contact Child Care Services Association at 919-403-6950 or visit www.childcareservices.org
, or contact Durham County Social Services at 919-560-8300 or Durham County Social Services
For other questions, please contact:
Jameka Wells - 919-403-6960 ext. 214
NC Pre-K Program Specialist, Durham's Partnership for Children
Bilingüe en Inglés/EspañolAbout the NC Pre-K Program
The statewide NC Pre-K program prepares eligible 4-year-olds for school by providing high-quality early education in both public and private settings. The program is community-based, voluntary, and designed to serve 4-year-olds who will benefit most from services. The program follows the Durham Public School calendar and runs 6.5 hours a day, 180 days a year.
In Durham County, Durham’s Partnership for Children administers the program and serves 464 children in 11 classrooms in Durham Public Schools, 4 Durham Head Start classrooms, and 19 private child care centers. Technical assistance and support from the Partnership guarantees quality and compliance with all regulation. The Partnership also leads a universal application process with six collaborative agencies to serve and assist families throughout the community in applying for available seats.